Saturday 30 January 2021

Implausibly Green

Last Summer, my son and I took a walk from Winchcombe towards Sudley Castle. I took a photograph of the light coming through the weeds at the side of this farm field. I was struck by the ruggedness of iron work against the green growth and the implausibly green colour that the camera has recorded. 

The green in these pictures has been embellished by the characteristics of my Panasonic camera's CCD. Such vibrant almost lime greens come from sunlight on chlorophyl green leaves.

These views reminds me of my grandparents house in Stratton on The Fosse and the views across local fields we saw as we travelled to their house from Coleford. The hyperreal green in these images somehow brings back, in some dream state, the memories of these views.








No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave questions or comments